MC's Alternative Crack Slaw

As weird as it sounds, I'm a big fan of crack slaw, just without the "slaw" part. I've never been a fan of cabbage, or cole slaw, or stringy lettuce that seems to serve no real purpose. I do however love everything else contained in the crack slaw, so I set out to make my own version of crack slaw... minus the slaw. This is my version, that I wanted to share with others who may also share my strange aversion to the "slaw" part of crack slaw...

M.C.'s Alternative Crack Slaw

INGREDIENT LIST:

1 lb. Ground Beef
Salt and Pepper
2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
3 Green Onions, Sliced
1 Large Zucchini, spiral sliced (I use a Veggetti)
1/2 Cauliflower Head, riced in a food-processor or Vitamix
2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce (optional if you are avoiding soy)
1/2 tsp Sriracha Sauce (this will be mild, you can add more if you prefer spicier or you can add red pepper flakes if you need more spice)
1 gram Erithrytol
1/2 tsp ginger paste, or fresh minced ginger
1 tsp white vinegar

DIRECTIONS:

1) Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.

2) Remove ground beef from the pan and set aside.

3) In a saucepan heat up the sesame oil, then saute' the garlic, green onions, riced cauliflower, and zucchini noodles (zoodles) until zoodles are desired tenderness.

4) Stir in the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, Erithrytol, ginger and vinegar.

5) Add the ground beef back into the mixture.

6) Mix well, allowing juices to mingle for at least 5 minutes.

7) Serve and enjoy!!

If it's not spicy enough for you, add more Sriracha to the top.

Comments