Low Carb Mini Corn Dogs
I was recently tasked with an bringing an appetizer to a potluck for all ages. Since I live a LCHF lifestyle, I always try to make something that not only I will be able to eat, but that I hope others will also enjoy, regardless of whether or not they're LCHF. These low-carb and paleo-friendly Low Carb Cauliflower Mini Corn Dogs were a massive success, and many were surprised when they heard the nutritional facts on these guys!! Only 2.7 net carbs per 2 mini dogs!! These get swallowed up quickly!!
I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on these, if you do try them out, and I always welcome tweaks to hear if you think of ways to improve on the recipes!!
I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on these, if you do try them out, and I always welcome tweaks to hear if you think of ways to improve on the recipes!!
Low Carb Cauliflower Mini Corn Dogs
Ingredients
- 10 mini sausages (make sure they are nitrate free and 2 carbs or less per serving if possible).
- 1 cup cauliflower rice.
- ¼ cup coconut flour.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- ¼ cup grated cheese of choice - you can leave this out if you're non-dairy
- 1 ½ tbsp butter, melted (or coconut oil if you prefer).
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (mixed in a separate bowl) - the fizz is part of the fun!
- 1 tbsp hot sauce of your choice, depending on your spicy preference. You can leave this out if you don't like spice. I used Sriracha, and 1 tbsp gave it a nice kick, but not too spicy, and I'm not a big fan of spicy foods.
- ½ tsp ground mustard powder.
- ¼ tsp paprika.
- ¼ tsp sea salt.
- ⅛ tsp chili powder or Southwest spices.
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put cauliflower florets into the food processor and process until rice texture forms, or grate cauliflower until it reaches a rice texture.
- In large mixing bowl combine: cauliflower rice, coconut flour, beaten eggs, cheese, melted butter, hot sauce, ground mustard, paprika, sea salt, chili powder, and lastly the baking soda-vinegar mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined, mixing with hands is sometimes easier.
- Place a small dab of cauliflower batter on the baking sheet, then smash flat. Repeat 10 times.
- Take mini sausages and press on into each battered section on the baking sheet.
- Place another dab of cauliflower batter on top of each sausage. Use hands to squish batter around and cover sausages.
- Once sausages are covered and shaped, put them into the fully preheated oven.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until the tops are somewhat firm, and browning nicely.
- Remove, cool, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I used Trader Joe's Garlic Aioli Mustard, and it complemented them perfectly.
Serving size: 2
Calories: 137
Fat: 7.5 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Net Carbs: 1.7 g
Sugar: 0.6g
Protein: 8 g
Calories: 137
Fat: 7.5 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Net Carbs: 1.7 g
Sugar: 0.6g
Protein: 8 g
Comments
Post a Comment